My Spartans are Rose Bowl Bound!!!
Last night's Big Ten Championship game was exactly the way it should have been. When you pair up a team that is undefeated in conference play after going through some trials and tribulations in the beginning of the season with a boastful number 2 ranked undefeated team, you're bound to get an entertaining game.
The Spartans started out on fire, shutting down the Buckeye offense and posting 17 points. Our offense seemed to be clicking, as was our defense for the first part of the first half. The Buckeyes were able to come back putting 10 points on the board before the half. Ohio State came out of the half with something to prove and Braxton Miller used his speed to put the Buckeyes up 24-17 over the Spartans. However, if you are a true and loyal Spartan fan, you never give up on our boys because we know how resilient they can be. The Spartans made us all proud, coming back to win the game 34-24.
I got to watch this brilliant Big Ten Championship with my favorite lady (forever my roommate) and my family, including my dog who was less than excited with every leap off the couch and screaming coming from my friend and I.
With the BCS the way it is, many Spartans were confident that we would be going to the Rose Bowl regardless of the outcome of the game due to Ohio State's undefeated season. I wouldn't have wanted a trip to the Rose Bowl in any other way. Our boys earned it. And we deserve it.
As a Spartan Alumni and Spartan for life, I am incredibly proud of our Spartans. I am one of the few people that never doubted our boys. And now, we are going to the Rose Bowl for the first time in 26 years!
Pasadena, here we come!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment